#GivingTuesdayNow on May 5, 2020 is a movement that’s been created to mobilize the world as an emergency response to the overwhelming need caused by COVID-19.
Make the most of your support with matching fund programs
As a non-profit organization facing tens of thousands of dollars lost due to cancelled and rescheduled events, the Canton Palace Theatre is participating in two initiatives hoping to offset that loss. By supporting the theatre now there’s potential for your donation to be doubled! Here are the two programs:
GivingTuesdayNow Match Program
Through this program, the Canton Palace Theatre is elligible to receive up to $1,000 in matching donations from GoFundMe Charity. In order to receive the matching funds, the theatre must receive at least $1,000 from at least 20 donors.
#Nonprofit Matching-Fund Initiative
Firespring has partnered with Nonprofit Hub and Do More Good to creating matching funds. Each participating non-profit is eligible for funds that are placed in a pool for each state, and receives matching funds based on their number of donations. So more donations = a bigger payment from the pool of money designated for Ohio organizations. Donations can be made now through May 26.
But wait, there’s more – win a Gold Star membership!
As a “thank you” to our donors, and a celebration of two of our employee’s birthdays, we’re holding a contest and giving away a Gold Star membership! Here are the details:
– Go to either fundraising site mentioned above and make a donation to the Canton Palace Theatre
– Give at least $76 (in honor of Technical Director Chris Lesho’s 43rd birthday on May 3 and Membership & Marketing Coordinator Laura Strader’s 33rd birthday on May 6) to be entered into the contest.
– If you give on each site, you’ll be entered twice.
– One winner will be chosen at random on Wednesday, May 27th.
– The winner will receive a Gold Star membership ($100 value), good for 1 year, which includes access to members only presales for tickets, 6 free movie passes, balcony access during movies, and more.