Visiting the Canton Palace Theatre
Visiting the Canton Palace Theatre is a wonderful way to get in touch with the vintage past, but there's a pretty exciting present going on all around us in Downtown Canton (downtowncanton.com) and Stark County (www.visitcanton.com). We encourage you to add a few hours (or a day) onto the front or back end of your visit to grab dinner, relax in a local watering hole, check out a fantastic art gallery or performance or walk the streets. Below are a few ideas to make your trip to the Palace an even more special one.
- On-street metered parking. Meters must be fed from 8am to 6pm every day, except holidays and weekends. The rate is $0.75 per hour.
- There are several parking decks located throughout downtown Canton. See a map of available parking decks.
- For events in the evening, parking is available at the Stark County District Library located at 715 Market Avenue, N, just one block north of the Theatre.
- Please note: parking in the lots for McKinley Health Care Center, located at 800 Market Ave. N, Motter & Meadows Architects, located at 600 Market Ave. N, and the Phoenix Rising building at 624 Market Ave. N is PROHIBITED.
There's no shortage of delicious places to eat within walking distance of the Palace Theatre and many of them even offer deals if you're going to or coming from a Palace movie or event. Check out some of their websites for more details:
- Arcadia Grille (0.32 miles)
- Basil Asian Bistro (0.01 miles)
- Bender's Tavern (0.35 miles)
- Canton Woman's Club (.2 miles)
- Deli Ohio (.2 miles)
- The Desert Inn (0.59 miles)
- George's Lounge (0.33 miles)
- Lucca (0.17 miles)
- Napoli's Italian Eatery (0.17 miles)
- Thatsa Wrapp (0.2 miles)
The Palace is the literal and figurative cornerstone of the Canton Arts District. Take a stroll and enjoy what some of the fantastic galleries around here have to offer in the way of beauty and innovation.
- ACME Artists (0.23 miles)
- Elemental Arts (0.26 miles)
- Joseph Saxton Gallery of Photography (0.27 miles)
- Journey Art Gallery (0.3 miles)
- Lynda Tuttle's Art Center (0.06 miles)
- Second April Galerie & Studios (0.37 miles)
- Translations Art Gallery (0.37 miles)
Who doesn't love discussing a movie over a drink? Here are a couple of our favorite bars...
- Amvets Post 555 (0.36 miles)
- Conestoga Grill (0.25 miles)
- Grapes in a Glass (0.01 miles)
- Imperial Room (0.18 miles)
- Picciano's Martini Lounge (0.1 miles)
The Cultural Center for the Arts
Downtown Canton plays host to a variety of other arts and culture organizations - some with as long and intriguing a history as the Palace. They are all housed in the Cultural Center, four blocks north on Market Avenue, and always have something interesting going on.